Who we are
What personal information do we collect?
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. That includes information you provide when you fill in a form on our website, such as when you request a callback, support ticket, custom quote or sign up for our newsletter.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. The login cookies will be removed if you log out of your account.
An additional cookie will be saved in your browser if you edit or publish an article. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, phone number, or IP address. We may also collect information about how you use our website or services, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on, and the searches you make.
Embedded content from other websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our website or services. These tools collect information about your use of our website or services, including the pages you visit, the links you click on, and other actions you take. This information may be used by third parties and us to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and better understand your online activity.
How do we use your personal information?
- We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide you with the website or services you have requested;
- To respond to your inquiries or fulfill your requests;
- To send you administrative communications, such as updates on our policies or services;
- To detect, prevent and address fraud or other illegal activity; and
- For our own marketing and business development purposes.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties when you have consented to us doing so or as permitted or required by law. For example, we may share your personal information:
- For fraud prevention and detection purposes;
- With service providers who help us provide the website or services, such as website hosting, data analysis, and email delivery, advertising partners like Google ads, customer support, and marketing assistance;
- With business partners with whom we may offer joint programs or services;
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, or legally actionable;
- With your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Do we transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area?
We may transfer your personal information to service providers or business partners located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we do transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that it is protected to the same standard as personal information within the EEA.
What are your rights concerning your personal information?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame and, in any event, no later than 30 days from the date we receive your request. Please note that there may be circumstances where we cannot comply with your request, such as where the personal information is subject to an exemption under data protection laws.
Do we have a data retention policy?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws.
Last updated: May 2023